To Vomit the Undigestible

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Tranquility at its Finest

I grit my teeth and grind my knuckles in my lap, thinking about dessert though we haven't even started dinner... I balance the mirage of 'health' with the illusion of 'hunger', tracing the thin line between them and walking the wire between appetizers and salads...
My menu shakes as conversation continues, slowly trudging around the table while I'm shaking, about to vomit in disgust and confusion...

I test my limits. "Please! PLEASE stop talking, for three seconds... please..."

No response. Nothing. I jump up, and my chair falls backwards, hitting the floor with a bang, my hair swinging around my face, trying to hide me.

"Listen! LISTEN TO ME!!" I scream, panicking.

No eyes shift. The tone deafens me. I crawl down the center of the banquet platform, my combat boots dragging the tablecloth inches and inches, wine overflowing and pouring over
neckties... glass breaks but the talking holds fast as I scramble through the crowded room, with shaking shoulders and fists... Nobody hears me. Finally, shoulders slumped, I slink to the door,
because nobody ever
has....

***********
I'm not sure when I wrote this, but it was a long time ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home